Hello Friends! Let’s get down to business, AKA the most important thing ever… Shopping! So, you probably know by now I LOVE to shop. Rachel reminded me the other day that Cher is truly my spirit animal, especially when it comes to shopping. Is Clueless anyone else’s favorite movie? I probably love it too much. On that note, I decided to throw together a list of my shopping tips + ideas for you!
- GO ALONE. Ok, so I know that I’m kind of weird in that I enjoy doing things alone sometimes but I think it’s definitely good to spend some time by yourself, and what better way than shopping? I am all for a great girl’s day shopping, but in my case people usually can’t match my endurance for a day at the mall. (Just ask my sister.) If I don’t really need anything going with friends is great, but If I am hunting something down + I have a mission I prefer to go solo. There’s something about going at your own pace that makes it so much less stressful to me. If I ever need opinions I’ll text pictures or ask the sales associates- that’s what they’re there for!
- Don’t buy the first thing you see. This is a blessing and a curse for me. I have a super bad habit of impulse shopping, so this rule really helps me out! But it’s also kinda the worst when you want something and then it’s gone….The struggle. But a lot of times I will wait to buy something until i’ve hit most of my favorite stores so I know it’s the best option. There’s nothing worse than buying a free people dress at Bloomingdales only to find it was on sale at Macy’s.
- Think if it’s Trendy or Classic. Will it go out of style? Are you only wearing it because everyone else has it? Things that are super trendy will probably go out of style as quick as they came into it. But don’t get me wrong, trends are great + I definitely hop on board to some that I love! But be smart about what you invest in. My favorite thing is to find things in my closet that I’ve had for years Only buy things if you love it + know you’ll wear it despite if it’s “in!”
- Find your Go-to’s! Whether it be a store, brand, or style! For example, personally I love swing dresses and wear them all the time, so I can justify buying multiple! And I wear long necklaces on the daily, so buying a few to broaden my collection makes sense for my closet! On the other hand, I rarely wear jeans so one or two pairs is enough! I try to be conscious of what I reach for in my closet, so I can buy things I know I will wear!
- Bargain Shop! So I’m definitely known for splurging on things I probably shouldn’t have, but I’m working on it! If there’s something that’s a big commitment but I really love, I’ll check eBay and poshmark for a lower price! If it has the tags still on it, you’re golden. Sometimes you can find great steals at consignment stores too! I take my old clothes to Places like Plato’s Closet and other resale shops + i’ll take a look around, I’ve found some really great stuff! If there’s something I see in stores but can’t justify the price, I’ll score the web because sometimes other sites will have a sale going or have it marked down! Department Stores are great options because there’s almost always a promotion going on. I buy most of my Free People from Macy’s because they have great sales + you always get 20% off with your Macy’s Card! Ask about Student Discounts or if they have a sale coming up! At Anthropologie you can almost always wait for things to go on sale, + they’ll order your size if they don’t have it! Good things come to those who wait!
I hope that these can help you make the most out of any shopping experience! I also wanted to throw in a few of my favorite places to shop!
And I also love tons of small boutiques to find really unique things! Especially Violet Clover! 😉 Where do you love to shop?!
I hope that these help you out! Do you have any tips?!